We loan out traps, carriers, and kennels to be used for TNR purposes, with deposit, to anyone who needs them.
For Those Borrowing Equipment…
Please understand you will be signing a form agreeing to the following:
- The equipment you are about to borrow form Carol’s Ferals is the life’s blood of the organization.
- The traps are expensive. Each one costs $70 and they can not be purchased locally. The catch cages and carriers are also integral to our mission.
- Not having equipment returned in a timely manner impedes the process of doing Trap Neuter Return.
- You are being loaned equipment for two weeks. If you cannot capture at least one cat in two weeks, please contact us for help. We have plans B, C and D for trapping cats but we don’t flood you with all that knowledge right off the bat. You must contact us for it.
- You may keep the equipment longer if you are actively trapping at least one cat every week. If you run into a snag, you need to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who do not have internet: call or text 616 560-0555.
- We do not want you to give up. But it’s important to understand that every day you hold our equipment is a day that it can’t be used to help a cat in need.
Coming in for Equipment
- Come to Carol’s Ferals during normal intake hours of Sunday – Tuesday 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Please check the lower right of the main page of our website for closure dates. Directions to Carol’s Ferals
- Please note, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED to show your Driver’s License or State Issued ID and provide a credit card to borrow equipment. If equipment is not returned within allotted time, the card will be charged $70 per trap. If you do not have a credit card, you can bring cash to be held in reserve until trap(s) are returned. All equipment must be borrowed and returned during normal intake hours.
- You will be required to sign a working agreement. This is the agreement you will be signing. CF Working Agreement
- You will be required to purchase a trapping field guide for the price of $1 when you come for equipment. You will have two weeks to capture at least one cat.
- If you need the equipment longer, you will need to email email@example.com to request an extension.
Helpful Information on Trapping
If you have never borrowed equipment from us, you will receive a lesson on how to use our traps when you pick up the equipment. We also advise that you read through our Cat Trapping 101 guide for further assistance and watch the videos created to make your trapping experience simple and straight forward.